Lending Times can help any entrepreneur interested in starting their own lending company with the Start Your Own Lender (SYOL) program. Our experienced team can take you from a concept to your first live loan, reliability and predictably.
How It Works
With approximately $150,000 initial investment, we take your concept and target market and lead you to your first loan within 3-6 months.
We help plan and manage of the entire process: from a proven business plan and financial model, to plan execution, to ongoing consulting and advice as you grow your business.
Traction and Experience
- Over the past 8 years, the Lending Times team has advised 100+ companies, including serving as startup mentors with MIT’s Venture Mentoring Services, TechStars, and others.
- We have taken 10 businesses from concept to over $200,000 per year in revenue, raising startup capital of over $12.8 million in the process.
- We have the expertise, connections, and experience to ensure you succeed.
George Popescu, SYOL Founder
- Built and sold 4 fintech companies including Backed, an online personal loans originator.
- Created Lending Times, a premier source of online lending news, analysis and data.
- MIT alumni, 3 Master’s degrees (EECS, 3D printing, Bioengineering, Nanosciences) Serial Entrepreneur and CEO, taking 7 companies (and counting) from concept to revenue.