January 24, 2017, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. EST
During this webinar, panelists will address whether a fintech company should apply, and how it would go about applying, for the proposed fintech OCC charter.
Key topics include:
- What to consider when evaluating whether a fintech bank makes sense
- What are the advantages of having an OCC charter
- Timing, costs, and issues in applying for a charter
- Key issues that the OCC will be evaluating
- Composition of the management team
- Capital and liquidity requirements
- What it is like to be subject to examination and supervision by the OCC
- Promoting fair access, financial inclusion and CFPB and other governmental objectives – considerations and solutions.
The panel is made up of former OCC lawyers who dealt with chartering issues during their tenure with the OCC and they will share their experience on these topics and will also be available to answer questions during the webinar Q&A session.
Richard P. Eckman, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP, moderator
Mark T. Dabertin, Special Counsel, Pepper Hamilton LLP
George Popescu, Editor in Chief, Lending Times
Gregory J. Rubis, Special Counsel, Pepper Hamilton LLP