You may also like
About the author
I sold and exited my most successful company, Boston Technologies (BT) group, in 2014. BT was a technology, market maker, high-frequency trading and inter-broker broker-dealer in the FX Spot, precious metals and CFDs space company. I was the Founder and CEO which I boot-strapped from $0 to a $20+ million in revenue without any equity investment. BT has been #1 fastest growing company in Boston in 2011 according to the Boston Business Journal and the only company being in top 10 fastest in 2012-13 as it was #5 in 2012. BT has been on the Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US for 4 years in a row ( #143, #373, #897 and #1270). After the company sale in July 2014 until February 2015 I was Head-of-Strategy for Currency Mountain ( www.currencymountain.com ), a USD 100 million+ holding company focused on retail and medium institutional currencies, precious metals, stocks, fixed income and commodities businesses.
• Over the last 10 years, I founded 10 companies in online lending, craft beer brewery, exotic sports car rental space, hedge funds, peer-reviewed scientific journal ( Journal of Cellular and Molecular medicine…) and more. I advised 30+ early stage start-ups in different fields. I was also a mentor at MIT’s Venture Mentoring Services and Techstart Fintech in NY.
• Previously I obtained 3 Master's Degrees: a Master's of Science from MIT working on 3D printing, a Master’s in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Supelec, France and a Master's in Nanosciences from Paris XI University. Previously I worked as a visiting scientist at MIT in Bio-engineering for 2 years. I had 3 undergrad majors: Maths, Physics and Chemistry. My scientific career led to about 10 publications and patents.
• On the business side, Boston Business Journal has named me in the top 40 under 40 in 2012 in recognition of his business achievements.
• I am originally from Romania and grew up in Paris, France.
"Your daily letter is great!" , Ram , Founder and CEO, PeerIQ
"Hi George - just want to tell you that you are doing a great work with Lending Times;-) Brgds, Kasper" , Kasper, Partner and Co-founder at Dansk Faktura Børs A/S
"I've been following your newsletter for some time now and have been very impressed with the content." Charlie,Co-Founder | Bolstr
"Hey George, I must say I really enjoy your site. It has inspired me to do some changes at our platform and we are the biggest consumer lender in Sweden." , Ludwig, CEO @ Savelend Sweden AB
"Your daily email is very useful. It gives quick update on what's going in the market. Thank you very much for all that info." Yann Murciano, Head of Base Metals Trading at Morgan Stanley
- Credit cards for payday loan clients on
- The Value, Mechanics, and Advantage of the OnDeck-Barbara Corcoran Partnership on
- Independent loan-by-loan data validation for marketplace lending on
- How Data Standardization and Transparency Solves the P2P Problem on
- Friday September 9th 2016, Daily News Digest on